8.4 pounds of beef bones (half shin bones half neck bones)
13 cups of water
1 cup apple cider vinegar
2 large white onion
1 stock of celery
4 bay leaves
7 garlic cloves
1 sprig of fresh thyme
1/2 bunch of fresh parsley (large handful)
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
2) Roast bones in preheated oven for 30 mins.
3) Place bones in a large pot with water and apple cider vinegar and let sit for 1 hour.
4) Add vegetables, thyme and more water if needed to slightly submerge the bones.
5) Bring to a boil then scrape off any impurities that float to the top.
6) Cover and reduce to a low simmering heat.
7) Let simmer for 24-72 hours (if you need to turn off the heat just bring it back to a boil then return to a simmer)
8) During the last 10 minutes of cooking add you parsley for added flavour.
9) Allow the broth to cool and strain