Bacon and smoked salmon skewers
1/2 pound (250 grams) smoked salmon
1/2 pound (250 grams) streaky bacon
7 carrots, peeled and sliced into strips
2 broccoli, chopped into small heads
4 parsnips, peeled and sliced into strips
Bacon and smoked salmon skewers:
1. Cut the bacon strips in half and the smoked salmon into small chunks.
2. Grab a piece of salmon and wrap it in bacon. Place a toothpick through the center to hold it together.
3. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a frypan on a medium-high heat.
4. Add in the bacon and salmon skewers, place the lid on and let them cook for 3 minutes on each side.
5. Turn off heat and serve with the tasty vegetable sides below!
1. Preheat the oven to 400F (200C) on fan bake.
2. Brush an oven-proof tray with olive oil. Place parsnips on the tray and brush some olive oil over the parsnips as well.
3. Place parsnips in oven and bake for about 15 minutes (turn over halfway through).
4. Bring a pot of water to the boil and add in your carrots. Cook on a low heat with the lid on.
5. Boil another pot of water and add in the broccoli. Cover and cook on a low heat until tender.
6. Take the parsnips out of the oven and drain the carrots and the broccoli.
7. Dish up and enjoy with your bacon and smoked salmon skewers!