4 carrots peeled and small diced
4 stalks of celery small diced
3 red peppers de-seeded and small diced
5 courgettes diced
3 parnips peeled and small diced
2 pounds of sliced chicken breast (or tenders)
3/4 cup tomato paste
1 tablespoon of fresh grated ginger
2 cups coconut cream (just the cream from the top)
1 cup chicken stock
2 tablespoons of tapioca flour & 1 tablespoon of water (makes a slurry for thickening)
1/2 cup olive oil or coconut oil
2 teaspoons of ground coriander
2 teaspoons of ground cumin
2 teaspoons of ground fenugreek
2 teaspoons of ground fennel
1 teaspoon of tumeric
1 teaspoon of ground ginger
1 teaspoon of ground dried garlic( powder)
1/2 teaspoon of cardamom
1/2 teaspoon of ground chili
1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon of ground aniseed
1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon of ground dried bayleaves
1) Combine and mix all of your dried spices.
2) Heat a large frying pan with half of your oil, add carrots, fresh ginger, celery, parnips and peppers, cook till tender, and courgette, cook till tender,season with salt and pepper.
3) Remove all veggies from your frying pan into a large bowl.
4) Add the rest of your oil to the frying pan, add chicken and sear both sides, add your dried spices and mix to coat the chicken.
5) Add your tomato paste, add chicken stock, add coconut cream to the frying pan with the chicken, mix thoroughly, cover and allow to simmer for 15 mins( check to make sure chicken is fully cooked through).
6) Add your vegetables back into your pan with the chicken, simmer for 2 mins, taste, season with salt and pepper to desired taste.
7) Serve over top of cauliflower rice
Sign up or sign in to save, rate and comment on recipes. Plus, get our FREE paleo newsletter!