8 large parsnips
2 red peppers
2 yellow peppers
3 garlic cloves
2 red chilis
2 tablespoons of dried chilli flakes
1 litre of vegetable stock
3 stalks celery
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cans coconut cream
1 tablespoon of tapioca flour
2 tablespoons of water (to thicken)
salt and pepper
1) Peel parsnips and cut off root end, place parsnips in a food processor and blitz until it is the consistency of rice.
2) Peel, de-seed and small dice all remaining vegetable.
3) Heat a large pot with half your olive oil.
4) Saute onion, garlic, carrot, celery, peppers, zucchini, eggplant and chilies. Cook until slightly soft, remove from pot into a bowl.
5) In the same pot saute off the blitzed parsnips until slightly coloured, add salt and pepper and chili flakes, slowly add in vegetable stock while cooking, add the stock in stages (stirring constantly) allowing the parsnips to absorb all of it before adding more.
6) Once the parsnips begin to thicken slightly add the cooked vegetables back in and continue cooking and adding stock.
7) Add in just the cream from the coconut cream, stir in , season.
8) If extra thickening is desired mix tapioca flour with water to create a slurry and slowly add while stirring